No pic this time, mainly because I couldn't think of an illustration.

We had a stall at the Laxey Christmas Fair last weekend.  While it's always excellent to talk with real readers, we also get some very odd comments, particularly when you bear in mind that we're surrounded by the books we've published and are trying to sell.  For example:

'Do you sell chocolate?'  (Er... no.)

(Aggressively)  'I don't like "Lady Chatterley's Lover".'  (Um... we don't publish that one...)

'Can you recommend a good church for my sister to go to?'  (The local vicar was manning a stall upstairs.)

'Are you my mummy?'  (From a lost child of about two - we helped.)

'If I buy one of your books do I get free coffee?'  (No!)

'I don't like cabbage.'  (No idea where that one came from.)

'Are you the chutney lady?'  (Not as daft as it sounds as the junior partner does make and dispense chutney to favoured victims tasters.)

Despite the occasional oddity, the fair was, as usual, a great success.  If you've never been, then visit it next year - it's well worth it.

See you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog